TEXAS DISPOSAL SYSTEMS INC
The Maintenance Director is responsible for directing the company's maintenance department managers, supervisors, and workers to ensure that the department plans for, prioritizes, completes, and documents all preventive and corrective maintenance on company equipment, including rolling stock, industrial equipment, compactors, and containers. This position supports the other members of the management team and drives the company's best practices with regards to equipment maintenance, capital expenditures and departmental strategy and budgeting.
- Build and manage a skilled and capable team of managers, supervisors, and staff in the maintenance department, which includes recruiting, training, mentoring, reviewing performance, and administering disciplinary action.
- Ensure full compliance with safety and environmental regulations, as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Promote proper and intelligent diagnostic practices to minimize the cost of repairs and equipment down-time.
- Instill quality practices in inventory controls, preventive maintenance, facilities and equipment appearance maintenance, as well as in maintenance repairs.
- Facilitate constant improvements in customer service through collaboration with the management team.
- Run cost-effective department by any number of means, including boosting productivity and eliminating excessive expenditures.
- Improve the company's ROI by researching and recommending capital expenditures; identifying strengths and weaknesses in personnel, equipment, materials, and property; and analyzing major repairs or replacements to mitigate or prevent future occurrences.
- Approve requisitions and maintain the department's budget integrity.
- Maintain the integrity of company assets, personnel, and maintenance information data in the company-defined appropriate format.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Experience in maintenance management dealing with fleets of more than 1,000 units, including trucks, trailers, industrial equipment, composting equipment, material handlers, conveyors, compactors, excavation equipment, forklifts, welding equipment, pickup trucks, trash trucks and support equipment
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience, or a technical school diploma and six years of experience
- Strong leadership skills with a servant-leader mentality
- Experience with inventory management, DOT regulations and OSHA regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to work well within a privately held company
- Working knowledge of general business practices
- Ability to establish priorities and manage workload
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in maintenance or a business-related field
- Experience managing workers in multiple facilities and remote locales
- Maintenance management/supervisory certificates and training
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Safety, OSHA and Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) training certificates
- Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) training
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations
Preferred Years Of Experience:10 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 50% Travel
Share On :